Are you looking to change OST extension to PST? Here, you will get in detail information on how to modify the OST extension into PST file format quickly.
OST (Offline Storage Table) file is a cached file created from the Exchange server. Whereas, PST (Personal Storage Table) file is created by individual Microsoft Outlook. Both will run through MS Outlook.
As, both OST and PST files stores Outlook data like emails, contacts, calendars, notes, etc. But, here come some limitations while the opening of both files in MS Outlook.
As we all know, that to open an OST data file we must have that account configured in our system. But, in the case of the PST data file, there is no such seen. Thus, we need to switch the OST file into PST file format.
Scenarios Where User Need to Convert OST to PST Data File
These are some of the cases where users search for how to change OST extension to PST file format.
- When, unfortunately, some of the emails get deleted.
- If the user wants to take a backup of some important emails and wants to produce somewhere else.
- Due to network issues, some of the data from the server is not download in the OST data file. In that case, users want to backup their or want to create an OST file.
- During the malicious activity of the Exchange server, EDB files get corrupted, and users want to export data from it.
- Moreover, there is no other option to maintain the server. And, want OST data file access somewhere else.
- During the migration of data. As the OST data file cannot be open, it becomes an orphan without synchronization of the account.
From all the above, only one question arises. How we can change the OST data file extension to a PST data file?
Thus, here we will discuss the manual as well as professional techniques to resolve it.
Manual Ways for Convert OST data file to PST data file format
Most of the time we search for a free method to solve our problems. Then, the answer to this search is Yes. There are two methods to change OST extension to PST.
- By using the Import/Export tool.
- Using the Archive option.
#1 Using Import/Export Inbuilt Feature Change OST Extension to PST Format
- Firstly, go to the File section.
- Then, select the Open & Export>> Import & Export option.
- Now, choose Export to a file, and click on the Next button.
- Select Outlook data file (.pst) under the option creating a file type. Then, click on the Next button.
- Then, select the file or folder you want to export and tap on the Next.
- Now, set the path for the file to be stored in the device.
- Finally, hit on the Finish button.
Note: Keep a backup of your OST file in your system before performing the above steps.
#2 By Using Archive Option to Change OST Extension to PST Format
- Launch and run Microsoft Outlook in your system.
- As, mentioned above, go to the File bar.
- Now, tap on Options and choose Advanced settings.
- Then, hit on the Auto Archive button.
- Now, enter the number of days to run the Auto Archive.
- Then, select the location to store the file. Then, ultimately, click on the OK button.
Note: This method is applicable only when the synchronization is there. In the case of orphan OST, it fails.
Professional Guide to Switch OST Data File to PST Data File Easily
Since, manual methods are somewhat risky to perform. Thus we recommend you to go with professional techniques. We suggest you tested and trusted application Finest Convert OST to PST Software.
We will talk over its few feature first. And know the software workarounds. Even, it has a user-friendly interface. But still, we will make ourselves comfortable to use by knowing its features deeply.
Prominent Features of the Application
- Has the ability to read orphan, inaccessible, and large oversized OST data files easily.
- Tool converts OST data files into multiple file formats such as MBOX, PDF, PST, etc.
- The tool helps to remove all encryption from OST data files without any kind of data loss.
Steps Need to be Follow to Operate Tool
- Install and run the application on your local machine.
- After that, upload the OST data file by clicking on Add Files option.
- Now, choose Select file to browse the OST file from the location itself. Or, choose Search file to let the software itself browse files from your operating system.
- Accordingly, depending on the encryption turn-on Quick scan or Advance scan under Scan mode, to decrypt the OST file.
- Now, click on Export, to change the format of OST file format in PST file format.
- Finally, click on Export to end the task.
Hence, by following the above-mention steps of the tool users can easily change OST extension to PST file extension.
Thus, in this blog, we talk over the manual method for change OST extension to PST file. But it lacks the orphan OST data file. Moreover, it is time-consuming plus a high chance of data loss. Therefore, we choose OST to PST converter for our problem to get resolved.
Also Read Repair Corrupted PST File Easily