UPSC IAS Exam is a set of evaluation processes to select a candidate for India’s most reputed service. To clear the UPSC IAS exam you must follow a well-planned strategy with serious dedication. Some of the UPSC IAS aspirants are clear with their aim and know how to prepare to achieve their aim. However, in most cases, aspirants need proper guidance for UPSC IAS preparation.
Covid 19 Pandemic affects UPSC IAS exam Preparation strategy badly. the coaching institutes were shut down totally during the Pandemic situation. Post Pandemic conditions are even worse for aspirants in terms of finance, atmosphere, relocation, etc. But, As “Necessity is the mother of invention”. Due to this Pandemic situation, almost all Coaching institutes began to offer an online mode of UPSC IAS coaching. Aspirants must take care of some factors before choosing the Online IAS Coaching. Here are some important factors which should be considered before joining online coaching.
Important Factors –
- Faculty – Aspirants must go through a concerned faculty profile. Experience is the most important factor for a faculty.
- Fees and other expenses – Aspirants must discuss fees and all other expenses before joining online coaching. All the negotiations should be discussed before joining coaching.
- Study Material – Well researched, aligned with UPSC IAS Syllabus, updated study material, and recorded video lectures are the backbone of preparation.
- Methodology – Teaching methodology is a very important part of coaching. Transmission of knowledge depends upon teaching methodology. A comprehensive collection of High-quality video lectures, notes, Answer reviewing sessions, and communication skills are bases of teaching methodology.
- Schedule – Live Classes must be conducted as on the required schedule. It must be based on the availability of assigned faculty, Answer writing practice sessions, quizzes, Instant Doubt Clearing sessions.
- Past Result – Aspirants must cross-check past results of coaching before joining coaching. A higher number of selections in previous years reflects the worth of coaching.
Other features –
Apart from these main factors, aspirants must check a few other factors like;
- Regular updates with the current affairs section
- Availability of practice papers and tests
- Regular Test Series
- Availability of councilors for personal guidance and UPSC exam consultation
- Active feedback system.
We performed a detailed comparative analysis among coaching institutes for their online UPSC IAS exam preparation strategy and found Legacy IAS Academy Bangalore as the most recommended IAS Coaching in India for its useful features as below;
- Choice of switch-mode of preparation: An aspirant can switch mode of preparation any time from online to classroom study and from classroom study to online classes as per aspirants wish.
- Instant doubt clear – aspirants can raise doubts as the session goes on.
- Classes start at a convenient time – Early Morning time so that aspirants can have enough time to study during the rest of the day.
- Current Affair analysis – Analysis of Newspaper The Hindu in the evening daily
- High-Quality Video Classes – Two-way communication-oriented live classes. Lectures are streamed in real-time with less data consumption technique.
- Class Notes – Provided after every session in PDF format and in physical form (if asked).
- Answer writing Practice – This usually starts in the month of July, So that aspirants can get enough time for practice.
- Social media presence – Aspirants can connect with their faculty via WhatsApp and Instagram groups.
Aspirants can connect with Legacy IAS Academy Bangalore via;
- https://www.legacyias.com/ for Online Class platform
- https://etest.legacyias.com/ for Test Series platform
- Download Legacy IAS App for Play store App
However, online coachings are now in trend and many players are there to benefit from being there in the market. In such a situation aspirants must be careful while choosing UPSC IAS coaching. But, always do research before joining coaching. This will help you a lot.