A dental crown is a removable replacement prosthetic to restore teeth that have been damaged or removed by disease. A dental crown is a type of restoration, most often used in cases where the original tooth has been lost or severely damaged. Many Houston dentists offer a wide variety of dental crowns to their patients. There are many different types of dental crowns and each has its own benefits and drawbacks. In this article, we will discuss the different types of dental crowns Houston dentist offers and their respective advantages and disadvantages.
How Do Dental Crowns Work?
A dental crown is a type of dental restoration that is often used to replace a missing tooth or to correct a problem with the teeth that are still in place. Crowns are made from different materials and can be either removable or fixed. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and can be colored to match your teeth.
Most crowns are made from porcelain, but they can also be made from metal, plastic, or composite materials. They are designed to fit over the top of the teeth like a cap and help to restore their original shape and function. Crowns can be used to replace teeth that have been lost due to decay or injury, or they can be used to correct problems with the teeth that are still in place.
The Cost of a Dental Crown
Houston dentist Dr. Rubab Mirza offers a variety of dental crowns to meet the needs of his patients. A dental crown is a removable prosthetic that is used to replace a portion of a tooth that has been lost or damaged. There are different types of dental crowns, and each has its own specific benefits and drawbacks. Here’s a look at some of the most common types of dental crowns and their costs:
Crowns Made from Porcelain: Crowns made from porcelain are one of the most popular types of dental crowns because they’re lightweight, durable, and relatively affordable. They typically cost between $1,000 and $1,500, depending on the type and size of the crown. One downside is that they can be susceptible to chipping or breaking if they’re mishandled or if the tooth is subjected to severe trauma.
Crowns Made from Titanium: Titanium crowns are popular because they’re strong and resistant to breaking. They typically cost between $2,000 and $3,000, but can range considerably in price depending on the type and size of the crown.
Crowns Made from Composite Material: Crowns made from composite material are a hybrid between porcelain and titanium crowns. They’re strong and resistant to breaking, but they tend to be a bit cheaper than either type of crown. They typically cost between $1,500 and $2,000, but can again vary in price depending on the type and size of the crown.
What are the Different Types of Dental Crowns?
Houston dentists offer a variety of dental crowns, each with its own unique benefits. Some of the most common types of dental crowns include:
- Fixed dental crowns: These are most commonly used in cases when restoration is needed on a single tooth or in areas where there is severe decay or damage. An implant is placed into the jawbone and the fixed dental crown is then attached to it. This type of crown is most often used for front teeth because it can be easier to place and maintain.
- Removable dental crowns: These are ideal for restorations on multiple teeth that need maintenance or protection. They come in two types: full denture dental crowns, which are removable and attach directly to your dentures, and partial denture dental crowns, which are removable but attach to an elastic band around your lower teeth. Partial denture dental crowns are often used for back teeth because they don’t require an implant and are less invasive.
- Dental bridges: Dental bridges are a type of restoration that use a series of fixed dental crowns connected together by metal brackets. A natural-looking bridge can replace one or more missing teeth. Dental bridges are often used when teeth are missing on one or both sides of the mouth.
- Inlays: Inlays are dental crowns that are custom-made to fit the specific needs of a patient. They are usually used in cases where restoration is needed on multiple teeth, and they can be made from a variety of materials, including ceramic, metal, and porcelain.
- Onlays: Onlays are similar to dental crowns in that they are custom-made to fit the specific needs of a patient. However, onlays are usually only used for restorations on one tooth. They come in a variety of materials, including gold, silver, and composite.
What to Expect after Getting a Dental Crown
Houston dentists offer a variety of dental crowns to their patients. Here is a look at what to expect after receiving one of these dental crowns:
- A sense of confidence and security: A dental crown provides an instant sense of assurance and security for those who wear them. Once fitted, you will feel like you can take on the world with newfound confidence.
- Improved oral hygiene: A custom-fitted dental crown will improve your oral hygiene because it helps to keep your teeth clean and protected. You’ll no longer have to worry about plaque and bacteria accumulating on your tooth surfaces, making your smile brighter in the long run.
- Shorter restoration time: Dental crowns are often less expensive and quicker to restore than traditional dental bridges or dentures. This means that you can enjoy a natural looking smile much sooner than if you had opted for a more extensive restoration procedure.
If you are looking for a dentist in Houston that can offer you different types of dental crowns, then you have come to the right place. At our practice, we offer a variety of dental crowns that are designed to correct specific problems and enhance your oral health. If you would like more information on any of our dental crowns options or if you would like to schedule an appointment, please do not hesitate to contact us today.