The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) skilled workers in Manitoba (SWM) category is designed to assist skilled temporary workers to immigrate to the province of Manitoba, Canada as Canadian permanent citizens. With the help of the Canada immigration consultants Delhi, you can immigrate to Canada with this category.
The government of Manitoba acknowledges that foreign employees and international graduates are among the best-suited immigrants, and can contribute positively to the province’s economy and community. They have a positive intention to live and make a permanent home in the province and establish themselves swiftly and successfully.
You can say that Manitoba is less well-known than provinces with larger populations, such as Ontario and British Columbia but it should not be underestimated. Many immigrants find Manitoba to be a rewarding place with numerous job possibilities and a good level of living. By accepting newcomers and their families, the province is aggressively seeking to increase its workforce.
No need of Express Entry profile
The Skilled Workers in Manitoba category is not linked to the federal Express Entry system so, you do not require an Express Entry profile or need to qualify for express entry latest draw. You may be able to apply for permanent residency under this stream even if you only have an offer for a permanent and ongoing position with a firm in Manitoba and have been working for the company for at least six months. Under this stream, successful candidates will not get extra 600 points from the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
According to the Canada immigration consultants Delhi, if you are the candidate that matches the qualifying requirements, then you can submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to enter the candidate pool, where you will be awarded a points score out of 1,000. Top-ranking individuals in the pool will be invited to submit a full application to the MPNP during periodic drawings, and if they become successful in that, they can then apply directly to the Canadian government for permanent residence status.
Skilled workers in Manitoba eligibility criteria
Canada immigration consultants Delhi say that in order to be eligible for the Skilled Workers in Manitoba, you must fulfill some criteria which are as follow:
- You must be working in Manitoba and for a Manitoba-based employer
- The applicant must have a full-time job offer from the employer he is currently employed for at least six months
- You should hold a valid temporary work permit or a post-graduation work permits
- The applicant must have a sufficient language ability required according to the job duties
- He should demonstrate adequate settlement money and a deeper relationship with Manitoba than any other province
- You must have a Settlement Plan which can demonstrate your intention to settle in Manitoba.
- Your employer will also need to demonstrate that it is a well-established firm in Manitoba that is capable of providing you with a long-term, full-time position.
- International graduates who studied in Canada but outside of Manitoba can still be qualified to apply under the Skilled Workers in Manitoba category. Graduates who studied in Canada but outside Manitoba and subsequently relocated to Manitoba to work must work for their employer for at least one year to become eligible.
Expression of Interest for the Skilled Workers in Manitoba
In the very first step, you must check your eligibility for the program. If you are eligible then you can submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) and enter the pool of candidates. In this pool you will be ranked with other candidates. Candidates who submit an EOI will be assign with a score out of 1,000 depending on their professional experience, education, language skills, adaptability, etc. ‘Adaptability’ evaluates a candidate’s link to the province, such as through family, job experience, or education in Manitoba. Such connection may indicate a candidate’s ability to settle effectively and long-term in the province.
If you didn’t get an LAA within one year of the submission, then your EOI will expire and you’ll need to submit a new EOI in order to stay in the candidate pool. An EOI is not a formal application for immigration or permanent residency. It allows the Manitoba government to assess persons’ eligibility for several immigration categories. There is no limit or deadline to the number of candidates who can file an EOI the system accepts EOIs at any time.
You can change the EOI at any time even after you have submit it already. This implies you don’t have to wait until your EOI expires to amend your circumstances if you become eligible for a better points score. If you take another language test or have more job experience after submitting your EOI, you can update your profile and increase your points score.
After that, the MPNP will issue the Letter of Advice to Apply (LAA) to the top-ranking candidates. The express entry’s latest draw took place periodically. They will tell you to submit a full application. EOI filing is a digital process that requires you to answer several questions online and provide supporting information documents.
Expression of Interest pool factors
- For language proficiency, you can get a maximum of 125 points. 100 points for a first official language and 25 for a second official language. You will receive the points for language on the basis of 4 abilities which are speaking, reading, writing, and listening.
- For the age factor you can get a maximum of 75 points. The age group of 21-45 is the most eligible one and gets 75 points.
- For years of experience, you can get a maximum of 175 points. 75 points for 4 years or more and 100 bonus points if the provincial licensing body recognizes you fully.
- For the level of education, you can get a maximum of 125 points. The higher your education will be; the more points you will get. For a master’s degree or doctorate level, you can get 125 points.
- For the adaptability factor, you can get a maximum of 500 points. These points depend on factors like close relatives and work experience in Manitoba. The other factor is the post-secondary program in Manitoba (one or two years).
You can get 500 points if you have ongoing employment in Manitoba for six or more months. You must have a long-term job offer from the same employer or have an Invitation to Apply under any program.
- If you have work experience or have studied in any other province, then you can risk 200 points. You can take the help of the Canada immigration consultants Delhi to avoid losing points.
Letter of advice to apply for the Skilled Workers in Manitoba
The province holds drawings to invite the top-ranking applicants to apply for the MPNP. These applicants will receive an LAA. Express entry latest draw generally occurs once a month, while there is no set timetable or advance warning for draws. Applicants in the pool gets the score out of 1,000. Although the minimum score of each invited candidate in this category has typically been around 500 to 600 since 2015.
Once you receive the LAA then you only have 60 days to submit an application to the MPNP. It is a piece of strong advice that applicants must begin preparing papers as soon as they enter the pool. You should start gathering the essential documents as in the proper manner it might take some time.
After submitting the application to the MPNP. Once your application is prove to be successful, you can then apply directly to the Canadian government for permanent residence. There is a suggestion to take the help of the Canada immigration consultants Delhi to avoid any mistakes.