In this blog, we are going to provide different solutions on the query “How to Restore Exchange EDB File?”In today’s world, this is the most frequently asked query by users. So, we will provide you with the best-automated technique for retrieving data. Moreover, will be mentioning the manual solutions as well. Check out the blog to get solutions.
Professional Technique to Restore Exchange EDB File
This RecoveryTools Exchange EDB Recovery automated tool is popular software that allows the users to easily recover the data from the EDB file exchange 2019, 2016, 2013, and all the prior versions in an effortless manner. The wizard has some advanced technologies which allow the user to easily restore Exchange EDB files. The software has some stupendous features like it gives 2 scanning modes to its users like advance and quick scan option. Users can restore all the data like calendars, emails, contacts, tasks, etc. We will discuss the features of this tool later on. Let’s begin with the process to restore Exchange EDB file:-
- The first step is to download and run the Exchange Server EDB Recovery tool on your working device.
- Hit the “Add Files’ option to insert the EDB file in the software panel and load offline EDB files.
- Use the “Advance Scan” feature to recover mailboxes and hit the “Add” option.
- Now, check the preview of all the restored mailboxes.
- Hit the “Export” option to easily export all the recovered Exchange database mailboxes.
- After that, choose the mailboxes and hit the “Export” option.
- Use the “Browse” button to select the final destination of the files and click on the “Export” button.
Useful Features of the Automated Software
- The users can restore corrupted exchange EDB files using the tool
- The wizard helps the users to retrieve all the data like contacts, attachments, emails, calendars, tasks, etc.
- Supports restoring data from the dismounted and offline EDB files
- The tool also supports the users to restore the private as well as the public mailbox folders
- Users can save the scanned EDB file and can simply reload it to retrieve the EDB file
- The software can easily restore the deleted EDB mailboxes also
- Data integrity and file structure hierarchy are also maintained
- The utility is compatible with Windows 11, 10, 8, and all the prior versions
- The software works with Windows servers 2016, 2012 R2, and 2008
- Naming conventions filters are also provided
- The tool gives the date filter options also
Manual Method to Restore Exchange EDB File
Users can go with the professional technique to recover Exchange EDB files. But, there are some manual techniques also which we will be discussing in this segment of the blog.
Technique 1: Use DPM (Data Protection Manager) to Restore Exchange EDB Files
Users need to choose the mailbox database in the “Protected Data”, after that, users can check the Exchange mailboxes of that specific database. So, after that, users can retrieve the data from a specific database.
Prerequisites – Users need the transaction log file and storage space to store the Exchange EDB database file. And to setup – Mail Server, EDB mailbox role, Exchange mailboxes for import, target path to export. After that, users need to check the Exchange Server protect & EDB existence. And if the mailbox DB isn’t showing up there, then create the new Exchange database by using the New-MailboxDatabase command. At last, configure the database settings using the Set-MailboxDatabase PowerShell command.
Procedure to Restore Exchange EDB File by Using DPM
- Open the Data Protection Manager Admin console and click on the “Recovery View” option.
- Use the all-protected Exchange data node and choose any selected Exchange database mailbox.
- Go and open the recovery point segment, select the specific data & recovery point.
- Hit the “Recovery Time” button and click on the recover to continue.
- Open the recovery tool and check the selected recovery and hit the “Next” option.
- After that, choose the recovery option that needs execution.
- Go to the “Next” button.
- Under specify recovery section, select the Exchange database and enable throttling.
- Select the San-based recovery option and go to the notifications panel.
- Now, specify the recipient and choose the send mail completion when completed
- At last, on the summary page, check out the recovery settings and when the process gets completed, hit the “close” button
Technique 2: Use the Exchange New-MailboxRestoreRequest PowerShell Command
Users can easily restore Exchange EDB file using the below-mentioned cmdlet command:-
New-MailboxRestoreRequest -SourceDatabase ‘RDB-CONTROL’ -SourceStoreMailbox ‘mailbox name’ -TargetMailbox @contoso.com – TargetRootFolder Recovery -Skipmerging StorageProviderForSource
After that, the users can dismount and delete the recovery EDB mailbox database using the PowerShell Windows command given below:-
Remove-Mailbox-Database -Identity ‘RDB-CONTROL’
Drawbacks of the Manual Technique
- Long and lengthy procedure
- More time-consuming task
- Data loss errors occur
In the above write-up, we have discussed multiple techniques to restore Exchange EDB File. We have discussed both automated and manual procedures. But we recommend the users to use the professional Exchange EDB recovery software to retrieve the Exchange EDB files. As it provides 100% accurate results, on the other hand, the manual process is not secure enough and has some drawbacks also.