When the QuickBooks error 179 arises, it gives an error message on the screen that says, “Verify Master: totTrans wrong. Is 3851. Should be 3884.” The error comes up when a user tries to sign in to bank account in QuickBooks Online. It usually occurs due to multiple sign-ins to the bank account from different devices that use online banking. When the bank connection error encounters, it automatically disconnects the bank account. Follow the complete blog for in-depth information on QuickBooks Online error 179, why it appears and how to fix it.
Why struggle too much to resolve QuickBooks error 179 when you can get direct assistance from the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by dialing +1 800-579-9430
Main causes of QuickBooks Online error 179
Down below is the list of causes that gives rise to the error:
- Damage or corruption in the QuickBooks company data file.
- The user is already logged into bank’s website from different devices.
Proceed to the next section of the blog for quick fixes.
Read more :- QuickBooks error the file exists
Solutions to Get Rid of QuickBooks Bank Connection error 179
Solution 1. Go to the Product Information screen and access the QBWin.log file
- On the QuickBooks Home page, tap the F2 key to open the Product Information window.
- Now, go to the Tech Help window by pressing the F3 button and choose the Open File tab.
- Click QBWin.log and then the Open File location option.
If you are still facing the same error, try the next solution.
Solution 2. From Windows, access the QBWin.log file
- Press the Windows and E keys together to open the File Explorer.
- Look for the QBWin.log file. Its location is C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks\log\XX.X\QBWin.log. The XX in the path represents the QuickBooks Desktop version.
If the bank error continues, go to the next solution.
Read more :- QuickBooks unrecoverable error
Solution 3. From the Tool Hub, run QuickBooks File Doctor
- Close company files if open before quitting QuickBooks Desktop.
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub setup file and save it to the Downloads folder or your Windows Desktop.
- Open the downloaded file, follow the prompt steps to install the tool hub, and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Find the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon on your desktop and double-click to open it.
- Inside the tool hub, choose the Company File Issues tab and then click Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Scroll through the drop-down menu and choose your company file.
- If your company file is not there, select Browse and search to find it.
- Choose the middle Check your file option and click Continue.
- Input your QuickBooks admin password and click Next.
If the same error continues, move on to the next solution.
Solution 4. Create a backup company data file
- Open QuickBooks, choose the File menu, and then the Switch to Single-user Mode option.
- From the File menu, select Back up Company and then Create Local Backup.
- From the backup window, click Local Backup and then Next.
- Move to the Local Backup Only section, click Browse and choose a location where you want to save the company data file.
- You can also choose the number of backups you want to keep.
- When done, click OK and Save it now and then Next.
If the error 179 recurs, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 5. Get the latest QuickBooks update released by Intuit
- Close up company files and exit QuickBooks.
- Click the Windows Start icon and look for the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- By right-clicking the QuickBooks Desktop icon, choose Run as administrator.
- When directed to the No Company Open screen, select the Help menu and then Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select the Options tab, click Mark All and then Save.
- Choose the Update Now tab and tick the Reset Update checkbox.
- To start downloading the QuickBooks update file, choose Get Updates.
- Open QuickBooks, install the latest update, and restart your system.
We are hopeful that the solutions discussed in the blog above will help you tackle QuickBooks error 179. If none of them worked for you, contact the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430.
Related article :- QuickBooks error ps033