Just like other accounting and financing applications, QuickBooks is also not completely secure from errors. Among the most common errors, QuickBooks error 15270 is the one that users usually face while trying to download payroll updates. The QuickBooks error code 15270 appears on the computer screen with an error message, which explicitly dictates, “The (payroll) update did not complete successfully. The update is missing a file.” Considering the complexity of such payroll update errors, we have come up with this post to discuss with you the factors behind QuickBooks error 15270 and its troubleshooting solutions.
Want to get rid of QuickBooks error 15270 instantly without going through the tiresome troubleshooting procedure? If yes, don’t hesitate to contact our QuickBooks professionals at (855)-856-0042 for live troubleshooting assistance.
Read More – – – QuickBooks error 1603
What are the factors behind the occurrence of payroll update error 15270?
It is noted that payroll update error 15270 often occurs when the program files of QuickBooks Desktop get damaged or corrupted. There can be other reasons too behind it, such as:
- There are some issues with the previous updation of QuickBooks Desktop, such as incomplete updation.
What should be done to fix QuickBooks error 15270?
Solution 1) Use Quick Fix my Program to repair QuickBooks program files
- Close QuickBooks Desktop if it’s running.
- From the official website of QuickBooks, download the present-day version (22.214.171.124) of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
Note: Save the downloaded file on your Windows Desktop so that you can quickly locate it in case of need.
- Double-click on the downloaded file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Start its installation by following the steps mentioned on your computer screen.
- Accept the terms and conditions to finish the installation of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Double-click the icon of QuickBooks Tool Hub to open it.
- Select Program Problems (from the left side of the screen).
- Click on the Quick Fix my Program button to run the tool.
- When the tool is finished repairing QuickBooks program files, try to download payroll updates.
Solution 2) Download the entire payroll update
- Relaunch QuickBooks Desktop.
Note: In case the QuickBooks Update Service window pops up, select the Install Later button.
- Go to the Help menu and select the Update QuickBooks option.
- Select the Update Now tab and checkmark the Reset Updates checkbox.
- Click on the OK button to confirm the update reset.
- Select the Get Updates button to download the latest QuickBooks updates.
- Relaunch QuickBooks Desktop.
- On the QuickBooks Update Service window, select the Install Now button to install the downloaded QuickBooks updates.
- In QuickBooks, go to the Employees menu and select the Get Payroll Updates option.
- Make sure that the Download entire payroll update option is selected and select the Update button.
Solution 3) Verify your QB payroll is active or inactive
For Enhanced or basic payroll
- Start the QuickBooks.
- Then Click on Employee→Mypayroll service→Account Info/Preferences OR Account/Billing Information Now sign in to your Intuit QuickBooks account and check your QuickBooks payroll account page to identify your subscription has been activated or not.
Even after following the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the above post, if you’re getting QuickBooks error 15270 while updating payroll, then we suggest you talk to our QuickBooks professionals at (855)-856-0042 for additional troubleshooting assistance.