Udgeeth Pranayama is also called “Omkari Japa”. This is very simple pranayama and a type of meditation practice. By doing Udgeet Pranayama every day, a person receives many physical and spiritual benefits. Udgeeth Pranayama gives freedom from worry, guilt, malice, sorrow, and fear. The practice of this pranayama increases the power of meditation. One becomes fear-free and self-confidence increases. The blood circulation process starts properly in the body, due to which a divine shining aura shines on the face of the person.
Shiva Sankalpa for Udgeeth Pranayama –
By meditating on Aum, one has to see “Om Car” in every particle of nature. Connect your consciousness with the universal soul by practicing to be free from all kinds of physical troubles and diseases. Know yourself and recognize that “supernatural power” that exists in you. Start Udgit Pranayama by making a determination to realize your soul and the Supreme Soul.
If you are a fitness freak and want to know more about yoga poses, then you can join a 3 Days Yoga Retreat in Rishikesh.
How to do Udgeeth Pranayama:
- First of all, sit in Padmasana or Sukhasana by laying a seat in a clean place, having a clean environment. Before starting Udgit Pranayama, if you have done other pranayama, then after erasing its fatigue, start this practice only after normalizing the breath.
- For the practice of Udgit Pranayama, after taking the posture, the breath has to be taken inside the body at a normal pace. And after that, the breath has to be exhaled with Omkari chanting.
- Keep in mind that in this practice, take a long breath in, breathe in at a normal speed, and when you exhale then exhale at the same normal speed with chanting Omkar (Aum).
- While doing Udgit Pranayama, one has to concentrate on the Agni Chakra. And also keep in mind that while exhaling “O” in Omkar chanting, three times more than that, “M” has to be changed for as long as you can according to your power.
Udgeeth Pranayama Time Limit –
- In Udgeeth Pranayama, keep the time of breathing inside the body for three to five seconds.
- When exhaling with Omkari chanting, try to stretch it according to your strength for fifteen to twenty seconds. (Note- Apply force only by staying within the limits of your body).
- A normal person can do Udgit Pranayama practice up to seven times per day. It will take three to four minutes to do Udgit Pranayama seven times.
- The speed of inhaling and exhaling is of great importance in each type of pranayama. In Udgeeth Pranayama, neither one has to breathe very fast, nor should one breathe very slowly, in this pranayama, feeling positive energy around you, breathe at normal speed.
- This pranayama can be done 10 to 20 times i.e. for five to ten minutes as the practice increases. People suffering from severe diseases can do Udgit Pranayama for more than 10 minutes.
Benefits of Udgeeth Pranayama:
- Positivity increases and the atmosphere becomes pleasant.
- Udgeeth Pranayama is a great practice to increase memory power. Udgeeth Pranayama increases concentration and willpower.
- All the problems like mental stress, ailment, anxiety, and fear are removed by practicing Udgit Pranayama. The practice of Udgit Pranayama is also good to overcome problems like sleeplessness, lack of sleep, sudden sleep disturbances, nightmares, etc.
- Doing Udgeet Pranayama is beneficial for a person of all ages. Whenever there is tension and trouble in the mind, then the mind can be calmed by practicing this beneficial pranayama.
- Gas, acidity, and other stomach diseases are cured by Udgit Pranayama.
Caution in Udgeeth Pranayama:
- In Udgeeth Pranayama, the duration of breathing in and out of the body should belong.
- Any sick person should always practice Udgit Pranayama under the supervision of a yoga specialist.
- There should be a gap of at least three to five hours between Udgit Pranayama and mealtime. And if possible, the practice of Udgit Pranayama should be done in the morning and on an empty stomach.
- Udgeeth Pranayama is not beneficial even when you are thinking about some other subject.
- Considering this pranayama as routine work, there is no use in finishing it in a hurry. The fruit of Udgit Pranayama is not attained even by doubting the power of “Om Car”.