Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a very powerful and useful ERP system using which any small or large company can easily optimize and improve its productivity. Furthermore, the software comes with lots of great features like financial management, reporting, and analytics, order processing, etc. In simple words, ERP software can be very useful for an organization/business. Keeping this in mind, today we are going to teach you how you can install this popular ERP software on your system. However, if you wish to learn about its features and tools in detail feel free to join the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Training institute in Delhi.
Here’s how you can install this stupendous ERP software on your system without any difficulty or problem.
How to Install Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central on Your Device?
Follow these steps to install the software on your device:
- Visit the official site of Microsoft and download Microsoft Dynamics 365 installer from the “Downloads Center” page.
- Now go to your downloads and unzip the downloaded file/folder.
- Next, double-click on the “Setup” file to run the installer.
- After that, tap “Yes” to authorize the installation of the software on your machine.
- Now you will see the “Welcome to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central” prompt on your computer screen.
- Hit “Next” to begin the installation process.
- Now tap/click on the “Advanced installation options” option.
- Next, hit the “Choose an installation option” option.
- After that, select your preferred type of installation. For this article, we are going to select the “Custom installation” option.
- Now you have to select the components of the software that you wish to install on your system.
- Now right click on the component that you wish to install and tap on the “run/run all from computer” option.
- Next, check and update the parameters of the components that you are installing as per your requirements.
- Now the installation wizard will begin installing the software and your chosen components on your system.
- Once the installation is complete you will see the “Installation complete” message on your computer screen.
- Now tap on the “Close” option to close the installation wizard.
- Finally, check your system and see whether the software is present on your system or not to complete the process.
Different Microsoft Dynamic 365 Components That You Can Install on Your System:
Following are the different types of components that you can install while installing Microsoft Dynamics 365:
- AL Development Environment: It is a Microsoft AL language extension for the Visual Studio Code software that you can use for developing apps and extensions.
- Server Administration Tool: It is a Microsoft Management Console that you can use for creating/configuring server instances (Business Central Server instances). To learn more about the server administration tool, feel free to join Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Online Training.
- Business Central Server: It is a Windows Service application that controls tasks like authentication, event logging, reporting, etc. The application uses the Windows Communication framework for controlling and managing communication between clients and databases.
- SQL Server Database Components: It features application object definitions. It also contains business data.
- Microsoft Outlook Add-In: This component allows you to synchronize your data between Business Central and Outlook.
- Automated Data Capture System: It is a system that you can use to track the movement of items in your warehouse.
- Web Server Components: It is an IIS (Internet Information Server) website that allows you to access your data using a Business Central web client or mobile app.
- Help Server: It is a website that is installed on a specific server. The websites contain search and other navigation features. The website also provides context-sensitive help for Dynamics NAV web clients or Dynamics NAV Windows clients.
- ClickOnce Installer tools: These are tools that help you in implementing ClickOnce Installation for the NAV client.
- Dynamics NAV Client: This component installs Dynamics NAV Windows client in your system.
Installing Microsoft Dynamics 365 on your device is not that difficult or hard as it may appear to be. You can easily install this amazing software on your device with little patience and by carefully following all the instructions of this guide. So, carefully follow all the above instructions if you are struggling to install Dynamics 365 software on your device.