Short video sharing made a dramatic debut in September 2016. If you are wondering which platform started this trend? It is TikTok. The Chinese-origin entertainment app has more than 1 billion downloads on Android now. With brands, creators, and influencers making merry now, can entrepreneurs fall behind? No! With a rapid rise in Internet connectivity and the availability of smartphones, this is the correct time for entrepreneurs to launch an App like Tiktok.
How does a TikTok clone function?
- Users need to register on the video creation app. They must enter details of their age, email address, name, and phone number.
- Admin of the customized social network platform will verify the background of each and every person. This leads to a safer user experience and transparency.
- Likewise, content creators can also create a profile on the TikTok like platform. Versatility is the highlight of a TikTok clone. Performing artists can be animal care experts, fashion designers, food bloggers, gamers, sportspersons, standup comedians, etc.
- Later, they can create a variety of content like horizontal and vertical videos, music, vlogs, and stories. Isn’t there something else? Yes, they can add effects and filters to make their videos more attractive.
- How to get more likes, shares, and followers on an app like TikTok? Video content developers can use Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) powered objects. This makes their content more engaging and impactful.
- The TikTok clone uses a robust Content Delivery Network (CDN) for managing a large volume of videos. This helps it to handle traffic arising from every nook and corner of the world.
- Can creators edit their content? Yes, of course! They can utilize options like cut, merge, pause, and trim. This would enhance the quality of their videos and cultivate a personal touch with their die-hard followers.
The power of technology behind the creation of a TikTok clone script
Artificial Intelligence (AI) – A short video creation and sharing app like TikTok collects a lot of data from users. It comprises quantitative and qualitative information. For instance, digipreneurs can compile details like the comments and likes of users, the names of filters and hashtags, and the time they spend watching content (daily, weekly, and monthly).
All these particulars are compiled and analyzed over a period. Later, certain videos are recommended to members. Generally, this is divided into two parts, consumption and production of content.
Data mining is done by focussing on the content feed, interactive videos, and trending channels. All these facts and figures assist in aspects like dissemination of content across continents along with filtering and searching.
Machine Learning (ML) – A perfect mix of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Computer Science is Machine Learning. It improves the accuracy of users when they watch new content. Videos are suggested to cybersurfers based on labels, tags, and the type of user profiles. Short-form content is collated as per demographics. This assists artists to target their audience based on their age, gender, location, and occupation.
Correlation is used to assemble the videos. It is split as per the distance between the content developers and users, event tags, number of clicks and interests, themes, time zone, and trends. Real-time reports are available to content creators. They will be aware of the number of comments, followers, likes, and reposts. Hence, a few performing artists would feature at the top of the content feed. Therefore, they would receive more exposure and traffic. This leads to perfect sync between the videos and the type of target audience.
Stats that reflect the success of TikTok
- 5 years since its launch, the short video sharing application crossed 1 billion monthly active users (MAUs) last month.
- As per Sensor Tower, a mobile marketing intelligence company, TikTok got more than 3.2 billion downloads since its inception in 2016.
- Europe continues to be a lucrative market for the TikTok platform. Its revenue grew by a whopping 545% from 2019 to 2020. Cyber citizens across the European Economic Area (EEA), Switzerland, and the United Kingdom (UK) are creating and posting videos regularly.
- Likewise, TikTok’s revenue has shot up from $26.46 million in 2019 to around $170.78 million last year.
What are the attractive features of an app like TikTok?
- Channel Creation – Stakeholders of the creator economy can increase their popularity by establishing their own channels. They can concentrate on the interests and preferences of their target audience. This will help them become an overnight sensation.
- Go Live – Users and content developers can stream their content swiftly. They can tap the Live button. Followers will receive real-time updates of the streaming sessions. They can open the TikTok clone and watch content effortlessly.
- Integrated feedback system – Users can rate videos posted by content creators. Moreover, they can pass comments in the feed. Eventually, artists can go through these opinions and improve the quality of their stories.
- Pause and Recording mechanism – Creators can shoot videos an unlimited number of times on a TikTok clone. They benefit from flexibility with options like automatic timer, countdown, checkmark, and stop point. Eventually, their video will come out as a high-quality one.
- 24×7 technical support – Retaining the existing user base will be the main goal for entrepreneurs. Setting up a Help centre will help in achieving this goal successfully. Users can solve problems concerning their data, privacy problems, and security measures via email, live chat, and phone respectively.
What will determine the cost of TikTok clone app development?
The expenditure of creating a TikTok clone depends on factors like
- Choice of premium and standard features.
- Duration taken for developing the TikTok clone script.
- The extent of customization needed by entrepreneurs.
- Kind of frameworks and tools used for creating Android and iOS apps.
- Salaries paid out to the mobile app developers and website designers.
While video is the main form of content on TikTok, it is still ahead of the intense competition in the market. The Chinese platform is focusing on branded content to get an edge in the tech era. Corporate companies will get advantages like custom music, exciting effects, and licensed tracks.
Entrepreneurs can make the first step now. They can share their business vision with an app development company and release an app like TikTok soon.