During this crucial time of the pandemic, our lives have undergone some major changes. One of which is everything turning into a virtual or online mode. Starting from shopping online, getting everything delivered to your doorstep to conducting online classes, and working from home. Conducting meetings and classes online has been possible through the application called zoom.
What we have to understand is that zoom is just one application. In this situation of the pandemic, all sorts of classes and meetings are being conducted online worldwide. Hence, just one application would not be enough. This also creates an opportunity for entrepreneurs to develop an app like zoom. If you want to build your own app, navigate to this website for the best zoom app clone.
Usually, a classroom or meeting includes a large number of people. A normal video cannot hold such a huge number. Zoom makes it easier for us. A minimum of 100 people can join in one zoom call.
Basic features possessed by a video conferencing app
Any video conferencing app should have some fundamental features. These are given below:
- Screen sharing- During any kind of office meeting, presenting an idea or sharing some information is done by showing slides. While conducting any of such meetings online, everyone is looking at their computer screen and there is no common projector. This is where screen sharing comes in. By sharing your computer screen, others present in that meeting will be able to see your screen or a presentation created by you.
- Multiple web cameras: Having access to multiple web cameras helps you look at all the members present in the meeting. This also helps greatlyin communication. This is very helpful as the only source of recognizing someone virtually is by hearing their voice and looking at them.
- Chat features: Apart from audio-visual features, video conferencing apps should also possess chat features. Say, you want to state your opinion on something, but you want to do it without disturbing the meeting. You can type it out in the chat boxin such cases.
- Recording: At times we want to record a meeting or presentation in case we are unable to attend it on time. Recording features can be of use in such circumstances. But it should also come with a storage facility otherwise people would face difficulty in finding space to store it.
Having such a kind of network that building your own app makes it a friendly one.
- Video Architecture: Zoom’s video architecture is designed in a way that can be distributed over a central network, which allows users to join any meeting through a private connection closest to a data center. Thousands of people can join in one meeting without any interruption in their video.
Multimedia routing bridges any kind of gap taking place between the participant’s device and the client’s device, expanding and scaling it up.
Proactive application layer quality enhances the quality of the audio, video, screen sharing across all devices.
These are some of the core features of Zoom. Keeping these aspects in mind you can build your own conferencing app at present. Using open-source technology can ease up your process of app development. Do not forget to rectify the areas where other apps have made a mistake.
Zoom has achieved 2.5 million users in 2020. It is also said the zoom along with other video conferencing apps is going to incur 20 billion dollars by 2024. Zoom has provided us with an outline of conferencing apps and developing one like the zoom is not every difficult from this point on.